Make Crispy Oat Chewy Apple Muffins for a healthy afternoon snack everyone will love. They're just the right amount of chewy goodness.
- 2 cups of Crispy Oat Rounds
- 1-1/4 cups of flour
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 egg or egg substitute
- Start by preheating your oven to 400 degrees and prepping 12 muffin cups.
- Now, crush the cereal to smithereens, j/k small bits will do, add the dry ingredients and stir.
- Then, add the wet ingredients and stir just until mixed.
- Scoop the batter to the muffin cups (about 2/3 full).
- Finally, take a few crumbled bits of cereal and sprinkle the top of the muffins before they go in.
- Ask Siri, Alexa, or your cat to remind you — or set your timer for 16 minutes.
- Check with a toothpick or fork as it may take up to 21 minutes. Enjoy!