Healthy-ish Crispy Rice Treats make for a great afternoon snack! Take 'em to practice, have them at home, or feed them to Linus the pup (don't do that).
- 3 cups Crispy Rice cereal (order on our store)
- 1/2 cup honey 🍯 or brown rice syrup
- 1/4 cup creamy almond or peanut butter
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 3 - 4 tbsp chocolate chips (optional)
- Grab an 8x8 baking pan or round pie tin. Cover it with a sheet of aluminum foil or parchment paper. Use a little coconut oil on a napkin to grease the paper.
- Next, place a med sized saucepan over med heat: add the nut butter, vanilla, syrup or honey, and coconut oil. Stir until the nut butter and honey have melted together.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Then, take your Crispy Rice and steadily stir into the mixture until fully coated.
- Using a spatula, scoop the mixture into your 8x8 pan or tin. Press it down to tightly pack the Crispy Rice. Optionally, drizzle or lightly spread with chocolate. Melt the chocolate using the melting instructions on the chocolate as it can be tricky.
- Stick it in the fridge for about 20/30 minutes. Then cut into any shape you please and hand them out 👫.