Homemade 7 Grain Granola Bars with slices of kiwi makes for a perfect afternoon snack for you and your kiddos - giving you an energy boost to make it through homework, activities and sports.
Gather these Ingredients
- 1-1/12 C of our 7 Grain Granola
- 1/4 C Natural Peanut or Almond Butter
- 1 Heaping Cup of Dates
- 1/4 C Honey, Agave Syrup, or Maple Syrup
- Drop the Dates into a food processor until they form into a ball
- Optionally lightly toast the 7 Grain Granola in a 350˚ F oven or leave raw
- Warm Honey and Peanut Butter over low heat
- Mix dates, Granola, Honey and Peanut Butter together, making sure dates are dispersed throughout
- Line a small 8x8 in dish or pan with parchment paper or plastic wrap to make it easy to life them out when done
- Press your mixture into your pan and use a glass to firmly pack down the bars, which helps them hold together better
- Cover and toss in the freezer for 15 minutes
- Remove bars from the pan, slice however you like, add a side of Kiwi or your fave fruit and enjoy!
- Adjust amounts to your taste. They'll save for a couple days if you have any left over (which normally isn't the case in our house)
Try with Kiwi slices! Did you know that kiwifruits were originally known as yang tao? When they were brought from China to New Zealand in the early 20th century, they were renamed Chinese Gooseberries. In the 60's, an American produce distributor found this unique fruit being served in a restaurant, and thus renamed it once again to the Kiwifruit, in honor of the native bird of New Zealand. These delicious little fruits are packed with Vitamin C and are also high in fiber.