The most delicious oatmeal recipe
There may be 50 ways to make it, but here's one of our all-time favorite oatmeal recipes. Using Fifty-Fifty Oatmeal, Toasted Banana Nut Oatmeal makes the perfect breakfast to get your day going right!
What makes Fifty-Fifty Oatmeal better? We blended thick-cut and whole-rolled oats to make the perfect combination. Hot or cold (overnight oats), it's just so darn good! Head here to pick some up.
Toasted Banana Nut 50 | 50 Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup of Good Grains Fifty-Fifty Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup of milk (choose your favorite type - almond coconut is great!)
- 1/2 cup of water (or, do 1 cup and scratch the milk)
- 1/4 tsp salt (optional)
- 1/2 organic banana
- Sprinkling of toasted pecans
- 1 tsp of raw sugar
Boil your water/milk mixture.
Add Fifty-Fifty oats and add salt (optional).
Reduce heat and cook for 2 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add roughly chopped bananas & toasted pecans (sooo good!).
- Turn off, remove from heat, cover, and let stand for several minutes.
Sprinkle a few chopped pecans on top and a little raw sugar. Voilà!
- Or, in a hurry? 2 or so minutes in the ol' microwave will do the trick. Let stand 2 minutes after cooking.
Do you prefer the basics?
If you want a quick and basic stovetop recipe, combine 1/2 cup of oats with 1 cup of milk or water and bring to a boil. Once boiled, cover and let the oatmeal simmer for 2-3 minutes. More of a microwave person? No problem. Combine 1/2 cup of oats and 1 cup of milk or water and microwave on high for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.